I recently posted an article on how you can calculate calories need for fat loss, muscle gain, and maintenance. Now I’ll show you a couple iPhone apps if you have an iPhone that you can use to count your calories on-the-go. I have tried numerous calorie counting apps and these two are the best ones in my opinion.
Calorie Counter by MyNetDiary
Calorie Counter by MyNetDiary is my personal favorite. I use this almost every day to make sure that I’m eating enough calories and macronutrients (proteins, carbs, and fats). What I like about this app is the simplicity. It gets the job done and is very user-friendly. The search function for their food database is really fast, and you can even manually input a food entry. If you don’t want to do that, just use the awesome barcode scanner. Here are its other features:
- Multiple servings for most foods – grams, oz, cups
- Daily Analysis – what you can improve to eat healthfully
- Searches for food as you type
- Organizes and remembers your favorites and typical servings
- Plan for your target date or desired weight loss rate
- Calculates target calories, weight maintenance calories, BMI and BMR
The other calorie counting iPhone app that I like is DailyBurn. To use DailyBurn, you first have to sign up for an account since it synchronizes with the website. Just like Calorie Counter by MyNetDiary, the app lets you track your meals quickly and easily with its user-friendly layout. One of the cool things about DailyBurn is its huge food database. You can find almost everything on it because there are millions of users that are always submitting new food entries. Some other features include:
- Customized diet plans for weight loss diets, low carb diets, low fat diets, and bodybuilding
- Track your workouts and foods while offline and sync when you get an Internet connection
- Set individual goals based on your fitness goals, age, weight, gender, and activity level
- Set custom check-in reminders to weigh-in, log your food, etc.
- Full screen graphs of body weight, daily calories, and more
Wanna simplify your fitness?
Learn how you can get in the best shape of your life without ditching your favorite foods or living in the gym. Enter your best email below for instant access to my 5-day Simplify Your Fitness email course.